Checklist: Before Moving Out
1. Choose a Lawyer/Notary
2. Contact your insurance company to terminate your insurance on your home to be effective on your possession date (the day you move out and give up your keys)
3. If using a moving company or renting a truck, call now, they book up quickly!
4. If you are living in a strata, contact the strata management company to arrange for your move out date (reserving the elevator).
5. If you pay your property taxes monthly, make sure to contact City Hall to have them discontinue the automatic debits from your account.
6. Contact Terasen Gas, BC Hydro, Shaw/Telus/Rogers (cable company) to arrange to have services discontinued or transferred to your new address, effective the day you move out, or hand your keys over.
7. Visit the post office to arrange for a change of address.
8. Contact your lawyer/notary approximately 10 days before your completion date to arrange for a time to come in and sign all of the paperwork.
9. On possession date meet with Alisa to hand over your keys to your home.